Why We Like The SB140 Turq Mountain Bike Frame
Calling all jib lovers and techy trail enthusiasts, the SB140 is your go-to machine for spirited trail riding and speedy laps at the bike park. This 5.5in travel, 27.5-wheeled platform is the perfect rig for those of us wanting a playful trail bike that pulls wheelies on command and responds to rider input just as well as a BMX bike or dirt jumper. The SB140 pays homage to trail bikes of the past, which were designed with one goal in mind—ripping up and down the mountain and having a good time while doing it.
Yeti's are historically known as race bikes, and the SB140 is certainly a capable enduro racer, but the true heart of this bike is a platform that encourages stylish moves and lightning-fast responsiveness throughout each and every ride. Whether we're riding black diamond downhills or a long cross-country loop, Yeti made this bike to elicit smiles on any trail, and we feel it does that job better than just about any other bike.
Yeti bikes rise to the top of our want-list for two main reasons. First is the Switch Infinity suspension platform that offers best-in-class performance from both climbing and descending perspectives. Yeti bikes ride like a dream, and though they cost a premium, it's absolutely worth it when you throw a leg over one of these noble steeds and experience the cloud-like floatation of the Switch Infinity platform. The second factor is the TURQ carbon frames, which are both lightweight and stiff, responding to even the most subtle rider inputs to make us feel one with the trail.
- A racing heritage meets playful handling with Yeti's SB140
- Excels at trail riding, bike parks, or enduro racing
- 27.5-inch wheels respond quickly to rider input
- Switch Infinity offers class-leading efficiency and performance
- TURQ carbon frame is light, stiff, and responsive
- Equipped with a top-of-the-line FOX Float X rear shock
- Designed to pair with a 160mm travel front fork
- Internal cable routing keeps things neat and tidy