Why We Like The Yeti SB140 CLR C2 GX Eagle Mountain Bike
The SB140 is a grin-inducing trail bike, giving us a more playful ride than its 29er siblings and encouraging us to get creative with trail obstacles by turning them into jumps and jibs. And while the standard SB140 is spritely and playful, this particular bike is the Lunch Ride kit, which elevates the bike into more aggressive territory for riding steep and rugged terrain. This comes in the form of a longer 160mm fork, a beefed-up Float X rear shock, and burlier tires that can take a little more abuse without worrying about punctures.
Designed from the ground up for trails that favor the descents but can still charge up the climbs, this version of the SB140 receives modern low and long geo to maximize stability at speed. The 140mm of rear suspension paired with a 160mm fork happily gets us through an enduro stage race on Saturday and a long ride with our friends on a Sunday morning. We use the moderately slack 65.4-degree head tube to keep us stable at speed, while the 27.5in wheels let us make quick direction changes and hop over logs and rocks.
Yeti offers two different levels with its carbon frames, with this bike utilizing the lower level C-series carbon. It's not a bad thing really, it just lets Yeti hit a lower price point at the cost of a few hundred grams of weight. SRAM's GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain delivers reliable shifting, and DT Swiss E1900 aluminum wheels provide bomber durability.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Yeti's 27.5 trail bike with the more aggressive Lunch Ride kit
- 10mm more front travel & a burlier parts kit than the standard SB140
- 27.5in wheels prioritize maneuverability and playfulness
- Switch Infinity linkage offers ideal pedaling characteristics
- C-Series carbon rides like TURQ frames at a lower cost
- Equipped with FOX Performance suspension and GX 12-speed drivetrain
- Powerful Code R brakes help us keep our speed in check
- Maxxis EXO+ tires offer greater puncture resistance than EXO
- Item #YTIR1CS