Why We Like The SB130 Carbon LR C2 GX Eagle Mountain Bike
We’ve been telling ourselves for a while that goldilocks bikes don’t exist, some are too stiff, some are too sluggish through the chunder, and some don’t feel perfect anywhere. With the Yeti SB130 Carbon LR C2 GX Eagle Mountain Bike, we can tell Yeti is committed to breaking the mold. The SB130 probably isn’t going to win us any races up or down the mountain, but this ultra-capable bike is putting a huge smile on our faces.
The Lunch Ride bikes are special, trusted by Yeti employees they give us plenty of reason to trust their judgement, too. LR bikes are reserved for those special moments in the afternoon, when the sun is high and we’re looking to ride a little more aggressively than usual. Popularized by those same employee’s, the bikes are slacker and offer beefier suspension set-ups than the standard SB130’s. We’re dreaming of someday riding our LR tuned bike out at one of the employee lunch rides, but until then, riding one of them on our own trails will have to do.
With 150mm of travel at the front, and 137mm of party in the rear, we reckon we could make this into a high mileage enduro rig. A steep 76.5° seat tube angle keeps us planted and comfortable when we’re churning up fire roads, and a progressively slack 65.1° head-tube angle begs to be pointed down the steepest of terrain. Shorter chainstays make the bike more playful too, just in case you’re worried about riding this beast of a machine on your local cross-country loops.
Yeti equipped this bike with its C-series carbon, keeping the cost lower so we can offer a fantastic component package. A full GX Eagle drivetrain and Fox Performance level suspension and droppers means every component installed benefits hugely from trickle-down tech via SRAM and Fox. DT Swiss does the wheels, and that gives us peace of mind when we go a little too deep on our car gap jumps while we’re sending it on Bobsled.>
- Lunch Ride edition of the ever-popular SB130
- Replacement yoke and longer travel fork provide more suspension
- Bike fits in on local trail loops as well as it does at enduro stages
- 29er wheels with 2.5in rear tire clearance rollover any trail obstacle
- C-Series carbon is strong, lightweight, and stiff enough for huge hucks
- SRAM GX Eagle is a proven value-driven drivetrain built for abuse
- Room for a large water bottle in the main triangle
- New frames from Yeti offer a lifetime warranty