Ironton XC Bib Short
We're used to seeing less Lycra in the woods, but for certain events, think cross-country racing, it certainly makes sense. Weight is critical and since XC pilots are running less suspension, the support from more compressive clothing can help reduce undue fatigue. Yeti has its roots in cross-country racing and a rich history so it makes sense that it knows a thing or two about how to construct the rights clothes for the job. Enter the Yeti Ironton XC Bib Short - Men's, which take the support of bibs and readies them for the singletrack. We'll still don the baggies for social and trail rides or anytime we're running a dropper, but if it’s a cross country race, you can bet your chamois we'll be in tight bibs.
The shorts' nylon four-way stretch fabric sits next to skin allowing for a full range of motion while on the trail. No snagging the nose of your saddle and no baggie knees that lead to chafing. It's also more durable than your typical road bibs so if you take a spill, they're more apt to survive and fight another day. These shorts are also far better at managing moisture than baggies so it doesn't feel like your hauling around a full diaper on an endurance ride or race. If you're self-conscious, the Ironton can always sub in as a killer set of liner shorts.
- Slim fitting bib shorts for serious XC racing
- High stretch material manages moisture and is durable
- Gentle compression supports legs over long events
- Mesh paneling enhances breathability and transfers moisture
- Multi-density Italian chamois cushions the blows that overcome your hardtail or short travel full suspension bike