Byway Road TCS Tire
We hardly ever check one box per ride anymore: dirt or road. We ride both, often, in a tangled web connecting backcountry byways, county highways and overgrown trail. Designed for 60/40 split of dirt and pavement, the Byway’s design rolls faster than an average gravel tire, but with more grip than an average slick tire and is a great complement to our gravel, touring, and commuter bikes.
The tread pattern on the Byway is perhaps its most valuable asset for the wandering ride. The smooth centerline won't slow you down on the road, transitioning to a hatched diamond pattern for plentiful grip when you're grinding along dirt and gravel surfaces. Raised side knobs offer more grip for cornering on dirt, as well as durability for exploring off-road areas where rocks and sharp debris are common.
Three size options ensure compatibility both with your frame’s specifications and your intended terrain. A 34mm rolls faster and suits our lighter-duty steeds. We like the wider options for our gravel and touring bikes for more comfort when loaded up with a couple days’ worth of snacks.
- 700c all-road tire for dirt and asphalt rides
- Intended for adventure rigs and endurance bikes
- Dual Compound DNA rubber for rolling speed and grip
- TCS technology ensures tubeless reliability and grip
- Smooth centerline is fast over paved road surfaces
- Diamond-hatch transition for off-road grip under power
- Side knobs lend cornering traction and durability