Max out your gear range.
It's no secret that Wolf Tooth Components has been leading the charge for riders seeking functional, smooth-shifting 1x drivetrains on their favorite trail bikes. Realizing the need for riders desiring more low-end for powering up climbs without using a front derailleur, the WolfCage and Giant Cog Kit for Shimano 11-speed provides the massive low-end capabilities of its 49-tooth Giant Cog. This particular kit works exclusively with 11-speed Shimano cassettes and rear derailleurs.
It modifies both 11 to 42-tooth and 11 to 46-tooth Shimano cassettes, giving you a larger range of usable gears for conquering widely variable terrain. The Giant Cog Kit comes with a smaller 18-tooth cog that replaces both the 17 and 19-tooth cogs on your cassette, making room for the larger 49-tooth cog without upsetting gearing. Wolf Tooth also includes their signature WolfCage, which replaces the stock inner cage and upper jockey wheel on your Shimano 11-speed rear derailleur to accommodate the wider range of gears.
Please note, this Giant Cog is only compatible with the following Shimano 11-speed rear derailleurs: XTR 9 GS, XT 8 GS, XT 8 SG, SLX 7 GS, and XT Di2 M8050 GS. GS denotes Shimano's medium cage and SGS is their categorization for longer cage versions.
- Add extra low-end to your 11-speed Shimano drivetrain
- 7075-T6 aluminum construction for longevity and low weight
- 49t giant cog gives you bail-out for spinning up steep climbs
- 18t cog replaces 17t and 19t cogs for optimal gearing in small cogs
- WolfCage replaces inner cage, upper jockey wheel on your derailleur
- Works with select Shimano 11-speed rear derailleurs (see copy)
- Designed and manufactured in Minneapolis, Minnesota