While here in the office at Competitive Cyclist we may be fans of new and improving technology, there's always the frustration that comes into play when standards change, and your go-to gear becomes incompatible with the current lineup. Wolftooth aims to ease the pain of changing standards with the Boostinator Conversion Kit. This handy kit allows non-boost 100 x 15mm front, and 142 x 12mm rear wheels to be mounted in boost frames and forks with wide 110mm and 148mm hubs (respectively), allowing you to get the most out of your hubs and hoops that were the cream-of-the-crop just a couple of years ago.
The Boostinator Kit consists of a specially designed axle end cap, and a precision-machined rotor spacer that moves the rotor and cassette outwards (rear only), allowing brakes and derailleurs to function as designed, while your hub fits neatly within the wider spaced hubs. In front, the kit comes just with an end cap, as the wheel doesn't require a rotor-spacer to line up appropriately. In the back, the Boostinator is designed to only work with 6-bolt wheels, as there's no way to space centerlock rotors over 6mm, however in front its simple to pair the Boostinator with either 6-bolt or Centerlock rotors. The Boostinator is not recommended (or safe) for non-symmetric lacing, like the 2:1 lacing foundon some Industry Nine wheels.
- A kit to bring your hubs to new Boost standards
- Kit brings 15 x 100 and 12 x 142 to 15 x 110 and 12 x 148mm spacing
- Front hub is extended with end cap for easy swap
- Rear hub is stretched on both cassette and brake side for alignment
- Requires a re-dish of the rear wheel
- Not recommended for non-symmetric lacing, or centerlock rotors