Onward to adventure.
Wilier has built itself a stellar reputation for creating impeccably designed road machines, so it's no surprise that the company's foray into gravel is just as on point. The 2017 Wilier Jaroon 105 Disc Complete Road Bike hits all the features a gravel enthusiast requires with Shimano's legendary workhorse 105 drivetrain and powerful hydraulic brakes all tacked onto a frame that—in keeping with the do-anything, go anywhere ethos of gravel—is made from smooth, responsive, and durable steel.
Of particular note, Wilier utilizes a welding technique that contains the welding material inside of the Jaroon's tubing for an outside aesthetic that is nothing short of crisply clean. Wilier also combats the often unwieldy appearance of disc brakes by adopting the new flat-mount standard to minimize the size and obtrusiveness of the caliper without impacting braking power.
Wilier does make one concession to carbon with the inclusion of a carbon fiber monocoque fork, which we applaud as a thoroughly modern touch to help manage road vibrations without taking away from that coveted steel ride. As a final touch, the Jaroon will accommodate mudguards as well as front and rear racks, allowing it to transition easily from unfettered day trip to fully packed wilderness adventures.
- Wilier goes all-road with this steel gravel bike
- Steel construction balances comfort, responsiveness, and durability
- Carbon fiber fork absorbs fatiguing road vibrations
- No-show welds and flat-mount calipers provide crisp, clean lines
- Shimano's workhorse drivetrain provides precise, reliable shifts
- Flared drop bar offers a variety of comfortable hand positions
- Accommodates mud guards and front/rear racks
- Clearance for tires up to 42mm in width