GTR Team 105 Road Bike
A quick look at the Wilier GTR Team 105 Road Bike provides a clear understanding of what they intend for the versatile carbon road bike. The clean lines and integrated fork that blends aerodynamically into the down tube showcase trickle-down technology from Wilier’s elite racing line. However, with Wilier using the hashtag “fitness” when speaking of the GTR Team, its purpose is firmly based in endurance cycling and a comfortable approach to training miles. The GTR Team has a 10mm higher stack than Wilier’s racing line for a less compact riding position to enhance comfort for daily training sessions. The chain and seat stays are also “flattened” to improve compliance and tame some of the harshnesses that the 46-Ton carbon monocoque frame brings to the table. Therefore, riding over rough terrain on the GTR Team feels more relaxed and stable while also providing enough feedback from the road to make precise steering and balance corrections for fun and confident riding.
Wilier equips the GTR Team with Shimano’s entry-level, rim-brake specific 105 drivetrain and a compact chainring group. The choice in drivetrain echoes Wilier’s intentions for the GTR Team and provides a durable and efficient workhorse component group with low maintenance needs, and a gearing ratio aimed at fitness and endurance more than top-end racing speed.
- Carbon road bike designed for comfort and long endurance pedal days
- Front end has a moderate 10mmm of extra stack compared to Wilier's racing line
- Aerodynamic fork integration to down tube for a touch of high-end engineering
- Asymmetric chain stays for optimum force transmission
- Flattened chain and seat stays for enhanced comfort and compliance
- Shimano 105 drivetrain and rim brakes for efficient operation and maintenance