Metron SL Disc Clincher/TLR Wheel
The Metron SL Disc Clincher/TLR Wheel from Vision is all about speed. When used during full disc legal tri's and TT's, you'll slice through the air with better aerodynamic efficiency and higher speeds letting you achieve faster splits with fewer watts. By using unidirectional carbon fiber at the rim and faring, Vision is able to make this wheel very light, extremely stiff, supremely durable, and of course, aero.
We're big fans of its clincher and tubeless compatibility as some of the fastest rolling tires currently available are of the tubeless variety. Its 19mm internal/24.3mm external rim width is ideal for modern TT rubber of 23 to 26mm. This wheel can go quickly, but it needs to be able to scrub speed too, so Vision employs a laser-etched, micro-dot surface texture at its brake track for improved stopping power and modulation. Ensuring that the wheel spins smoothly and without any unwanted drag is its stiff, 17mm hub axle rolling on four sealed cartridge bearings.
This disc comes with a quick-release skewer, brake pads, rim tape, and bag. The aluminum freehub works with Shimano/SRAM 10-11 speed cassettes and a Campagnolo 10-11 speed freehub is available separately.
- A carbon disc rear wheel helping you go faster in tri's and TT's
- Hub spins on a stiff 17mm axle and 4 cartridge bearings
- Unidirectional carbon fiber is light, stiff, and durable
- Special brake tract texture improves power and modulation
- QR, brake pads, and bag included
- Tubeless rim profile offers speed and comfort
- Come with a Shimano/SRAM 11-speed compatible freehub (Campy sold separately)