Slate T4 Disc Brake
TRP's Slate T4 brakes pack everything we seek in a trail brake without having to smash the piggy bank. It receives many of the features that debuted on the Aaron Gwin inspired G-Spec Slates, and after putting these brakes through the ringer, we can report excellent power, impressive modulation, and rock-solid durability. Perhaps one of our favorite features is the ergonomic lever that is directly influenced by the feedback provided by Aaron.
This Slate's lever is constructed from cast aluminum and it and the caliper are painted in a stealthy black finish. The lever features grip-enhancing dimples and a drilled lever blade which feels incredible at your fingertips with or without gloves on. The tool-free indexed reach adjust lets you dial them in on the fly, for the ideal position every time. Like the Quadium, the Slate T4's top pad loading caliper utilizes a four-piston design to drive the pads into the rotors with excellent power and precise modulation. An adjustable banjo fitting makes the housing routing a cinch and we always applaud its use of environmentally friendly mineral oil.
- 4-piston disc calipers and levers for your trail machine
- Tool-free reach adjustment makes dialing in the levers easy
- Compatible with I-spec and Matchmaker clamps sold separately
- Mineral oil hydraulics is safer for the planet
- Ergonomic lever designed by Aaron Gwin
- Split clamp allows for easy install and removal