Why We Like The A1 Helmet Drone
Troy Lee Designs has grown into an iconic mountain bike apparel, helmet, and protection brand since its start in 1981, and we like that their designs are reliable and durable enough to handle the trail. Gear like the A1 Drone keeps us cool, calm, and collected while we're racing through the mud and dirt. Like it's big brother, the A1 MIPS, the A1 Drone uses 16 vents to keep you cool on the ride, maximizing airflow, and features the removable Coolmax liner to aid in extra moisture wicking and comfort, while fighting odor causing bacteria. It also features the same in-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS impact foam, but skips the MIPS technology sitting between your head and the helmet, which allows Troy Lee Designs to lower the cost to a more budget-conscious range.
The A1 Drone, like the A1 MIPS is built with an extended shell in the back, which is ideal for trail and enduro riding, as it provides extended coverage and protection from big hits. In the event of an accident, this lower design can protect your temporal and occipital lobes from impact. This makes the helmet ideal for those looking for more coverage than most open-faced helmets, without springing for a full-face. It features an adjustable visor for shielding your eyes on bright days, and two different systems for dialing the fit. The rear retention system is adjustable in three positions for those with different shapes of heads, and the back ratchet system allows you to fine tune the fit of the helmet for a secure ride.
- A reliably protective helmet for everything from XC to dirt jumps
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell with EPS liner for maximum durability
- 8 intake passages and 8 rear outlets help us stay cool
- A moto-inspired visor that's adjustable and protective
- The soft, removable liner is anti-odor and wicks moisture
- Item #TLDY0H7
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063: 2014
- Fit Adjustment
- cam lock strap dividers
- 16 vents
- Claimed Weight
- [medium/large] 13oz
- Shell Material