Lenses that adjust to changing light.
Tifosi isn't in the business of making cheap eyewear. Rather, when you're wearing them it's a challenge to distinguish their optical quality from that of glasses twice or three times the price. Their Slip Fototec model gives you a wide field of vision that's totally distortion-free, and you'll benefit from lenses that transition from light to dark automatically. You'll think you're wearing a pair of $200 shades.
The High Speed Red Fototec Lenses are Tifosi's darkest Fototec lenses. They'll darken from 35 to 12% total light transmission in less than ten seconds. With these lenses, you'll have clear vision in all light conditions during your training rides or races. You won't be at the car fidgeting with lens when you should be at the start line getting ready to roll out.
The Slip glasses are shaped so they fit the full range of face sizes. The frames are made with Grilamid TR-90 -- a nylon with exceptional bendability, strength, and toughness against impact and UV damage. Not only are they virtually indestructible, but they are all-but-weightless, allowing the Slip to weigh in at an amazing 25g. Once you have them on they stay in place, too, thanks to their hydrophilic rubber adjustable temples and nose piece.
Other Slip highlights include ventilated lenses for increased air flow and greater resistance to fogging. Tifosi also includes a carrying case and a Microfiber lens wipe.
- Fototec lens with variable tint technology adjust rapidly as light conditions change (lenses get light in the shade and dark in bright sunlight)
- Grilamid TR-90 nylon is lightweight, comfortable, and resistant to chemical and UV damage
- Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pieces provide no-slip fit and increase grip when they come in contact with sweat
- Adjustable temple pieces allow you to customize your fit while increasing comfort when worn under a helmet or over a hat
- High Speed Red Fototec lenses sharpen contrast and highlight details in the road or on the trail
- Light Night Fototec lenses change from clear to smoke color
- Lenses block 100% of harmful UVA/UVB rays
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
View more Photochromic Sunglasses
|SMOKE W/RED GLARE GUARD||12%|
|SMOKE W/BLUE GLARE GUARD||12%|
|SMOKE W/GLARE GUARD||17%|
|BROWN W/GLARE GUARD||18%|
|AC RED (ALL CONDITIONS)||27%|
|EC (EXTREME CONTRAST)||36.2%|
|HIGH SPEED RED||35 - 12%|
|ALL TERRAIN GREEN||41.5 - 16.5%|
|SMOKE||43 - 12%|
|BACKCOUNTRY ORANGE||45 - 15%|
|GT||56 - 20%|
|EC||56 - 17%|
|LIGHT NIGHT||75 - 25%|
|BROWN||29 - 9%|
|SMOKE||34 - 12%|
- *VLT (VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION):
- THE PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE LIGHT ALLOWED TO REACH THE EYE (THE LOWER THE NUMBER, THE DARKER THE LENS)
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Bought these to replace the pr my wife lost on a ride. She really likes these.
bought these from a local bike shop, I've never owned a pair of sunglasses that adapted to different light conditions, so i thought these were pretty slick. They work like they should, the brighter it is, the darker the lenses get, no need to swap out lenses every time you go for a ride. I also think these come at a fairly reasonable price, compared to other brands, for me worth the purchase.
I like my Tifosi Slips with the interchangeable lenses a lot, so I thought I would give these a try. Save your money - either Tifosi is selling a fistful of lies or my product was severely defective. First, the lenses don't change at all in different lighting. I even took pictures after they were in the dark and then in bright sunlight to verify and they look exactly the same. Second, the opacity is not even close to what is advertised. In bright sunlight, they are like wearing nearly nothing and I would put the light transmission closer to 50-60% at best. They are certainly not anywhere near as dark as the smoke lenses or even the AC reds. Someone needs to inform Tifosi that simply calling it "fototec" doesn't magically impart the lens with photochromic technology. I returned them and will just order a new pair of Slips with interchangeable lenses.