Carry a pair of bikes on the back of your car with the Thule Gateway Rack 2 Bike carrier, and hit the road with both of your favorite vehicles. Long dual arching tubes clear small trunk spoilers while providing breathing room between your bikes and car. Strong and durable nylon straps secure the rack around your trunk lid for quick and easy installation, great for spontaneous road trips. This rack folds flat so it occupies minimal space in your car trunk or garage.
- Convenient trunk-mount design installs quickly and easily and is as easy to remove when not in use, unlike more complex systems
- Carries two bikes
- Patented FitDial guarantees a sure, snug fit to your vehicle
- Bike arms extend and curve for a comfortable space between vehicle and bike
- Cinch Lever lets you adjust bike arms independently to accommodate unique bike frames
- Anti-sway cages prevent bike-bang and damage to bikes or vehicle
- Stay-Put cradles with soft-saddle material won't harm your bike's beautiful paint job
- Maximum-strength nylon straps secure rack to your car trunk
- Folds up flat for hassle-free driving when not in use
- Thule Part #9006XT
- FitDial adjustment system
- Cinch Lever arm adjustment
- Stay-Put cradles
- Anti-sway cages
- Nylon hatch-attachment straps
- Folding design
View more Rear Mount Racks
Reviews & Community
You Get What You Pay For
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This rack fits my 2015 Ford Focus perfectly and gets my bike from once place to another safely. The hooks tend to scratch the paint off of my car a bit and my bike tends to slide into my car while driving, but hey you get what you pay for. Definitely a good bike rack for the price. Also, don't bother trying to read the instructions that it comes with, just YouTube it or you'll waste an hour of your time trying to figure it out.
Bike is racked and ready to go
I have the bike on backwards. The folding vertical support should attach to the seat tube. Don't judge me. It was 0 dark thirty when I mounted the bike.
Will this rack work with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? The vehicle year is not included in the Thule fit guide
Given the Jeep's rear spoiler, you may have a problem. That thing sticks out pretty far and the bike rack's hooks would have to go over the top of that. There's a ton of strap length that should accommodate, so the only issue would be what those straps would do to your paint's finish. The rub ought not be too much, but i would use caution.
Good for the cost.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Not as easy to install as suggested, but once you figure it out it goes smoothly. Fits well on a 2015 Chevy Equinox. Make sure to adjust straps frequently as they tend to slip a little.
Can this safely be used with a 2006 Audi A4 Quattro Convertible?
Will be returning, doesn't fit my car
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
According to the Thule fit guide, this should work on a 2014 Audi Allroad, but as you can see from the picture, the side hooks are supposed to connect onto the glass...Sorry, but that's just not something I'm comfortable with. This might work great on another model car though, it seems well built and fairly simple to use and adjust. An improvement in my opinion would be a rubberised coating on the hooks, or supply the rack with separate pieces of dense foam to protect the painting of the car.
can this be used with a 2012 mazda mx5...
can this be used with a 2012 mazda mx5 convertible
Thule does not have a carrier listed for your car only because your car cannot support the weight.
Can I use this rack with a 2008 Town and...
Can I use this rack with a 2008 Town and Country MiniVan
Using the Thule Fit Guide I am guessing that the answer is 'yes' but I am not 100% sure because I had to assume on a couple features of your car. The link is below if you want to double check for your self.