Gateway Pro 3-Bike Rack
The classic family vacation wouldn’t be complete without the fleet of bikes riding out back on a swing-arm rack. The familiar image of Thule’s foldable, clamshell Gateway Pro 3-Bike Rack is own we can conjure up in our heads. The rack suits the week-long family vacation over the holiday or the cycling racer who gets to escape for a three-day stage race with the A, B, and TT bikes. The Gateway Pro’s ease of design and install — not to mention storage — make it a favorite for those who don’t want a roof mount, and would rather not lose out on high dollars for a hitch install. Unfold the Gateway and brace its soft feet against the back of the car, secure the bracing straps at specific car-frame mounting points, and unfold the carry arms to meet your bike’s needs. The Gateway Pro’s straps can tuck away for tidy storage and avoid scuffing bike and car paint. An ample seven-inches of spacing is available between each bike, accommodating a variety of bike size, types, and handlebar widths. And to secure the bikes for transport or while fueling up in the roadside diner, the integrated rack-to-bike cable lock secures the most outboard bike, which prevents the others from being victims. An option Thule Lock Strap for rack-to-car securing is sold separately.
- Load and go bike rack for the active family
- Clamshell, arch design for strength to carry up to three bikes
- Simple design allows for a variety of bikes to be attached
- Securing straps fold away easily for tidiness and paint protection
- Rack lock for secure bikes, and available rack-to-car lock sold separately
- Flat folding design for compact storage in the off-season