Jogging stroller, meet bike trailer.
Turn your Thule child carrier into a killer bike trailer with the Thule 12mm Axle Adapter, which is compatible with any bike that has a 12mm Syntace X-12 rear axle.
- Compatible with 12mm Syntace X-12 rear axle.
View more Strollers & Joggers
Reviews & Community
Axle works well, just a couple tips
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
1) Make sure you get the right threads (I did not). This one is for Syntace X-12. I feel like most people have Maxle style threads these days and this won't fit that. At the very least, check your thread dimensions - if you have M12 x P1.5, this will NOT work
2) When you attach the trailer, use some loctite on the threads for the hex nut that screws into the axle. It kept loosening on me until I did that and then it was fine
needed for thru axle bikes
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
You need this if you want to use the bike trailer feature with a thru axle bike (which my mtn bike is). It has worked well for me.
you'll need it
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
You need this if you're running a x-12 rear axle
buy it now before you realize you need it after you've assembled your child carrier and can't figure out why the included axle doesn't fit your bike.
Assembling the chariot was simple and after I pumped up the tires I wanted to test it out. So I'm glad I bought this adapter at the same time as my chariot.