Swagman focuses in on effective bike transport without the high-dollar sheen and thick designs. The Quad 2+2 does precisely what it needs and is intended to do, which is to get you and your crew of three to the trails on a single rack. The four bike hitch rack has all the standards, like foldout trays, center-positioned and dual-sided stability arms, adjustable wheel trays, and locks. Whether you have lightweight road bikes heading to the stage race or big-travel enduro bikes en route to the bike park, the Quad 2+2 can hold 45-pounds per bike, so there’s not much it can’t support. Soft claws wrap around the frame to stabilize the bikes for the road, but without damaging paint of more delicate carbon bits, and standard tire straps secure the wheels to the trays. The wheel trays support most tire sizes, but a 5-inch Fat Bike Tire Tray is available for uber-wide tires.
At this point, you may be wondering why the “2+2” appellation. The versatile Swagman rack is designed to detach the outboard carrier trays to become a two-bike rack. How convenient is that?
- Four-bike hitch rack that can transform into a two-bike rack
- Fold down, raise stability arms, then lock bikes into place
- Holds bikes up to 45 pounds each
- Accommodates most frames and wheel trays slide to fit wheelbases
- Lockable hitch pin and bike-to-rack locks included
- Bar adapter for cruiser-style bikes, and fat tire trays sold separately