It seems that, every year, more of our kit drawer turns black. This trend is especially prevalent in inclement weather gear, which may look stealth on the start line but feels a bit understated for training rides or commutes through low-light city streets. The men's Zap Bike Jacket is Sugoi's solution to stealth kit syndrome. It sheathes the foul-weather cyclist in a waterproof, wind-resistant membrane that is all-over reflective when hit with artificial light. It's just a normal color in daytime, but when headlights catch it, it catches attention.
As with the previous Zap models, this jacket incorporates micro-glass beads into the actual material. Before Zap, our only recourse in low-light situations has been a few strips of reflective material that hopefully catch headlights or street lamps at the right time. Even previous iterations of the Zap Bike Jacket were only given reflective highlights. But with Pixel, the entire jacket is reflective, from collar to cuff, shoulder to hem.
The Zap Bike Jacket also provides a high degree of less-revolutionary but equally appreciated water- and wind-resistance, and its exaggerated sleeves and rear hem keep your wrists dry and protect your back and saddle from the rooster tail of water that'll be pinwheeling off your rear tire in the rain. (Your riding buddies remain unprotected—but, if they don't like it, remind them that they can always take a pull or get off your wheel.)
In the even that the skies clear or the jacket proves too protective, Sugoi has integrated zippered side vents that are surprisingly effective at dumping heat while you're in motion. Protection is the Zap's primary role, though, so the full-length front zip is waterproof and the seams are taped to make sure there are no leaks. The flap covered rear pocket adds security that helps keep your key in and the rain out.
- A cycling jacket for riding in inclement conditions
- Fully reflective body helps keep you seen in low-light conditions
- Water- and wind-resistance protects against the elements
- Sugoi's Semi Fit allows for comfortable layering
- Waterproof front zipper and taped seams
- Zippered vents on sides for airflow when the skies clear mid-ride
- Rear pocket protected from rain by flap
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.