Bliss at home and abroad.
In our estimation, there are two approaches to seasonal cycling gear. The first is to assemble an expansive wardrobe that covers ever possible variation in temperature, precipitation, and cloud cover for each season. The second is to prioritize versatility in order to keep wardrobe space (and the ire of significant others) to a minimum. The Sugoi Versa Evo Women's Jacket is for those interested in the latter, and it's removable sleeves, layer-friendly cut, and lightweight weather protection mean that it can adapt to most weather conditions throughout the year without imperiling domestic bliss by making cycling clothing the biggest item on the household budget.
The jacket's sleeves and back are waterproof, while the front is water-repellent and leads into the seasonal chill with a wind-resistant shield. This combination takes the sting out of the main antagonists of fall and spring—chilling rain and biting wind—and the fact that the sleeves zip off means it serves as a vest for chilly descents and brisk mornings during summer's bookend weeks, too. The sleeves attach with magnets, removing the issue of adding additional jagged zippers to the washing machine on kit laundry day. Fewer zippers helps preserve the Lycra and delicate DWR treatments that you've dumped so much cash into.
The jacket is finished with a single rear pocket for stowing the sleeves, and its semi-fit cut means it reduces flapping material without quite approaching the painted-on fit of summer racing kit. That means it's layering friendly, so you can store—and protect—your other ride essentials in a standard or thermal jersey's pockets underneath. It also means the Versa Evo can figuratively evolve as the seasons change; adding or subtracting baselayers will suit it to most temperatures falling between the extremes of winter and summer.
- A cycling jacket for inclement weather throughout the year
- Removable sleeves convert the jacket to a vest
- Water- and wind-resistant paneling fends off bad weather
- Layer-friendly cut lets you add insulation as needed
- Rear pocket for stowing sleeves and ride essentials
- Reflective elements help keep you visible in overcast conditions
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike Wear Element Windstopper Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket - Women's
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.