Stride to ride.
While the industry typically uses "entry-level" as shorthand for a non-race bike, we can assert with comfort and confidence that the custom grips, saddles, and other features that set Strider's lighter, more expensive models apart from the "entry-level" 12 Classic Balance Bike probably won't be missed. The 12 Classic is designed for aspiring cyclists from 18 months to 3 years of age, providing a platform to transition from striding to coasting in order to learn the balance and handling skills necessary for eventually piloting a proper bicycle.
The balance bike's sturdy frame is rounded off with flat-free tires, an adjustable seatpost, footrests for gliding, and brake mounts so that — as the young rider's coasting skills increase — a rear brake can be added to keep things in check.
- A balance bike to ease the transition from toddler to cyclist
- Sturdy, reliable frame embraces the rough and tumble life
- Adjustable seatpost lets the bike grow with your child
- Footrests encourage coasting as confidence increases
- Flat-free tires delay an awareness of the harsh reality of cycling's biggest hassle
- Item #STD000S
- Frame Material
- all-weather plastic mini-seat
- Strider 5 spoke
- sealed cartridge bearings
- EVA polymer
- Tire Size
- 5mm Allen for seatpost and handlebar clamps
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
June 27, 2020
Great Bike for beginners!
- I've used it several times
These bikes are great for teaching balance!!
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help