Sentry MK3 29in Boost Wheel
Designed to accommodate the increasing popularity of wider mountain bike tires, the 32mm internal width of the Sentry MK3 29in Boost Wheel bridges the gap between wide trail and plus tires, providing more stability for 2.5 to 3.0-inch rubber without adding unnecessary weight. Stan's calls this pairing of rim widths and tire sizes "WideRight," and the result is less rolling resistance, more traction, and improved handling in all conditions.
Not only is the SentryMK3 intended for the higher volume rubber prevalent on modern trail bikes, but it's also designed with their proprietary Bead Socket Technology (BST), which is a fancy way of saying the rim attaches to the bead of the tire, instead of merely pushing it down farther into the sidewall. Because of this BST, you'll find it's increasingly air-tight and free of burping in tubeless setups. Just as importantly, this technology decreases the tire's vulnerability to slashes by running it in a truer, rounder shape without pushing the sidewall outwards where it's susceptible to damage.
Compared to the more modestly priced Sentry S1 wheels, the Sentry MK3's rims are made of higher grade 6069 aluminum. You also get alloy nipples instead of brass, and nicer Sapim Force spokes. Together, these changes save about 140-grams of weight without sacrificing any strength or durability. The rims are laced to Stan's Neo hubs equipped with a reliable 6-pawl system that offers 10-degree engagement, which is more responsive than many wheels in this price category. This revised version of the Neo hubs now features triple freehub bearings for increased axle stability, allowing them to handle even greater vertical and torsional loads. They also use the Durasync freehub system, which engages all 6 pawls simultaneously for unrivaled durability.
- Burly wheel that handles wide trail and plus tires
- 32mm internal width supports tires from 2.5 to 3.0in
- 6069 aluminum rim sheds weight without sacrificing strength
- Bead Socket Tech (BST) for a trouble-free tubeless setup
- Rim shape allows tire to expand to full volume with no distortion
- WideRight design lowers rolling resistance and increases traction
- Neo hubs engage all 6 pawls at once for improved durability
- Includes tubeless tape pre-installed and tubeless valve stem