Crest MK3 29in Boost Wheel
Refined to be lighter and stiffer, the Stans Crest MK3 29in Boost Wheel gives you fast-rolling performance and precise tracking for beating the competition at weekend races and whipping your friends around the local loop. The Crest MK3 has always been a favorite among XC racers and riders, due to its low rolling weight and trail resilience at an attractive price. The newest version improves upon this legacy with 6069 aluminum alloy giving you the dependable strength and lightweight efficiency desired by XC racers and trail enthusiasts alike.
Its 23-millimeter internal width optimally supports tires in the range of 2.0 to 2.25 inches without deforming the rubber into a bulbous or bell-like shape. This is perfectly in-line with a typical XC tire, meaning it'll suit riders preferring fast-rolling speed over high-volume trail support. For greater weight savings, the front wheel has a 28 spoke count, which is slightly reduced from the stronger 32 spoke rear. Both wheels enjoy the responsive feel of Neo hubs with their 6-pawl system offering an impressive 10-degree engagement. Additionally, this particular version of the Crest MK3 gives riders the tracking precision of BOOST axle spacing, which solidifies the wheel build with an extra degree of stiffness.
- Lightweight, fast-rolling XC wheels
- 6069 alloy rim for optimal strength-to-weight
- 23mm internal width supports 2.0 to 2.25in tires
- Low-profile shape rolls faster and prevents flats
- Laterally stiffer and stronger for precise handling
- Bead Socket Tech (BST) for secure tubeless set-up
- Neo hubs with a responsive 10-degree engagement
- Rear with Shimano/SRAM or SRAM XD driver