It's a common conundrum—you have a carbon crankset and want power, but your bank account isn't having anything to do with the price tag that accompanies a dual-leg, built-in power meter carbon crankset. The good news is that the engineers at Stages Cycling have created their own FSA 386EVO Carbon Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm, so you can get the power data you need without replacing your entire crankset.
While this may not be exactly the same left crank arm as your current FSA one, the only immediately apparent differences are the Stages branding and the small power meter pod affixed to the arm's inner surface, adding the ability to gather pinpoint power data to better measure your ride. It utilizes a blend of strain gauges and an accelerometer to gather position and force data 64 times per second and deliver power readings with a claimed +/- 2% accuracy that's right in line with what we'd expect from any quality power meter.
For the gram counters among us, the Stages power meter adds a miniscule 20 grams to the crank arm, which is a tiny sacrifice to gain the data tracking and training specificity having a power meter affords.
- A power-measuring crank arm for FSA 386EVO cranks
- +/-2% accuracy keeps you in the know when every watt counts
- Carbon construction ensures that power isn't lost to flex
- Active Temperature Compensation accommodates changing conditions
- Internal accelerometer measures cadence
- Powered by an easily replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery
- Pairs with Stages Power App for firmware updates and zero resets
- Installs on BB386EVO crank with no adapters required