The gateway to faster racing.
Seeing power meters on road bikes are a pretty regular occurrence these days and some models even come with them on stock builds. As such, serious racers who train on the road and race XC want and need power meters while racing and training on their mountain bikes too. If you're looking to maximize your off-road training time and you own a Shimano equipped mountain bike, pick up the Stages Shimano XTR M9000 Race L Gen 3 Power Meter Crank Arm and continue to train with power off the tarmac. The barrier to entry is so much less than the competition and this non-drive power meter crank arm is a great way to add the ability to read power for the already excellent XTR crankset.
Bonded to the inside of the arm is a low-profile power measuring pod that calculates your efforts by sensing force and rotation and then sends those readings via improved and stronger ANT+ and Bluetooth LE radios to your computer. The XTR M9000 Race power meter left crank arm adds a scant 15 grams over a standard Shimano XTR M9000 Race Crank providing the same Hollowtech II construction for the optimal balance of stiffness, strength, and weight savings for dedicated XC racers. The IPX7 water-resistance handles creek crossings and post ride washing with aplomb and can withstand being submerged underwater up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
The power meter itself boasts an impressive accuracy of +/- 1.5%, which is on par or exceeds industry standards so your training is extremely accurate. Active Temperature Compensation prevents skewed readings from rapid temperature swings and the wireless firmware updates allow you to easily keep the meter up to date through an app developed by Stages Cycling. A user replaceable battery, as well as an LED battery life indicator, ensure that you'll have those all-important power numbers on every ride you take.
- XTR M9000 non-drive arm with power measuring capability
- Measures power with industry standard +/- 1.5% accuracy
- Updated accelerometer-based cadence without additional sensors
- Active Temperature compensation prevents skewed data
- Pairs with Stages app for zero resets and firmware updates
- 200+ hour battery life with easy-swapping CR2032 battery
- Stages Cycling offers power data at an affordable price
- Improved Bluetooth LE and ANT+ radios for stronger wireless data transfer