Item # SGC000Q
Stages Cycling Discontinued Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm $649.99
Here to stay.
Despite the noise some pros are making about banning them, even the steel-is-real, lo-fi purists around the Competitive offices concede that power meters are here to stay, both in terms of domestic recreational racing and on the Euro scene. Few meters can appeal to both crowds as effectively as the Stages Cycling Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm, which is priced well enough to appeal to the self-sponsored but proven on cycling's biggest stages with wins throughout the season, including multiple Tours.
The crank arm itself is the same as the standard Dura-Ace 9000 left arm on your bike (and half the bikes in the peloton before R9100 was released), just with a Stages power meter affixed to its inner surface. Tucked inside this little pod, strain gauges and an accelerometer measure force and rotations to deliver power data to your head unit with a claimed accuracy of +/- 2%, which is in-line with other quality power meters on the market.
The meter also incorporates Stage's Active Temperature Compensation (ATC), which compensates for the natural expansion and contraction of the strain gauges by adjusting the readings depending on external temperature. ATC accounts for those temperature changes without requiring you to stop pedaling in order to zero the system. Overall, the power meter adds less than 20g to the crank, which is a tiny tradeoff for its ability to capture power information as it transfers from the pedals into the drivetrain.
- A power meter crank arm that adds a brain to your drivetrain
- Measures power with an industry-standard +/-2% accuracy
- Active Temperature Compensation accommodates changing conditions
- Internal accelerometer covers cadence with no additional sensors
- Wireless communication keeps use and maintenance simple
- Pairs with Stages Power App for firmware updates and zero resets
- 200+ hour battery life with easily-changeable CR2032 coin cell battery
- Stages Cycling adds its affordable tech to Shimano's flagship drivetrain
View more Powermeter Cranksets - Road
Stages CyclingShimano Ultegra 6800 Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm - Discontinued
Reviews & Community
Is there a possibility of getting me a Dura Ace 9000 170mm version?
We won't be able to bring in the 9000 series model any longer, but the 9100 version would still be compatible with the older crank, only being cosmetically different.
Let me know if you have any interest, and we can bring one in for you.