Stages Cycling Carbon Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm for SRAM Force/Rival - BB30 $699.99
Power readings are an integral part of our training plan, but having multiple power meters to cover both our road and cyclocross bikes is a little bit more of a cash drain than our bank account can handle. Stages Cycling lets us keep some cash in hand with its easily-transferrable BB30 Carbon Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm for SRAM Force and Rival. Run it on the road bike during the summer, and then swap it out for some CX season fun in the mud and get consistently accurate power reading the whole year long.
Stages manufactures this crank arm, so it isn't exactly the same arm as your current Force or Rival one, but the only obvious differences are the Stages branding and the small power meter pod affixed to the arm's inner surface, which adds the ability to gather pinpoint power data to better measure your ride. It utilizes a blend of strain gauges and an accelerometer to map position and force data 64 times per second and deliver power readings with a claimed +/-2% accuracy that's right in line with what we'd expect from any quality power meter.
The weight-conscious riders among us will also appreciate that the Stages power meter adds a paltry 20 grams to the crank arm, which is a tiny sacrifice to gain the data tracking and training specificity having a power meter affords.
- A power-measuring crank arm and spindle for Force and Rival cranks
- +/-2% accuracy keeps you in the know when every watt counts
- Carbon construction ensures efficient power transfer
- Active Temperature Compensation accommodates changing conditions
- Measures cadence without additional sensors
- Connects wirelessly via Bluetooth and ANT+
- Pairs with Stages Power App for firmware updates and zero resets
- Powered by an easily replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery