Given the prevalence of the Record name in the heritage of cycling, Italy, and Italian cycling, you'd be forgiven for assuming that "Record" was Italian for cycling. It's not. Well, not literally. But it's centrality to cycling's halcyon past does mean that it may as well be. With the Campagnolo Record Single Leg Power Meter Crank Arm, Stages Cycling ushers this icon of cycling heritage into the contemporary realm of power meters, data mining, and smart training.
That's not to say that the Record crank arm is itself old-fashioned. Its hollow carbon crank arm and USB ceramic bearings define the top-end of racing kit. The only possible top-endier option being the appropriately named Super Record, which incorporates even smoother CULT ceramic bearings. Italian engineering aside, the real star here is the little pod clinging to the inside of the crank arm.
Tucked inside that little pod, strain gauges and an accelerometer measure force and rotations to deliver power data to your head unit with a claimed accuracy of +/-2%, which is in-line with other quality power meters on the market. It also incorporates Stage's Active Temperature Compensation (ATC), which compensates for the natural expansion and contraction of the strain gauges by adjusting the readings depending on external temperature. ATC accounts for those temperature changes without requiring you to stop pedaling in order to zero the system. Overall, the power meter adds less than 20g to the crank, which is a tiny tradeoff for the ability to chart limits, plan training regimes, and monitor efforts on race day.
- Add power measurement to the legendary Campy Record crankset
- Measures power with an industry-standard +/-2% accuracy
- Active Temperature Compensation accommodates changing conditions
- Internal accelerometer covers cadence with no additional sensors
- Wireless communication keeps use and maintenance simple
- Pairs with Stages Power App for firmware updates and zero resets
- 200+ hour battery life with easily-changeable CR2032 battery
- Stages Cycling brings power data into an affordable price range
View more Powermeter Cranksets - Road
Reviews & Community
What does Stages do with all the right-side crank arms? Or does Campagnolo sell them lots of left-side only cranks? Just wondering!
Stages buys just the Left arm from companies to make the conversion. they also do sell full cranksets upon request.
If you have more questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org