Chain rings whispering, tires humming, derailleurs clacking up and down the cassette, salty old crit dogs growling at the enthusiastic youth who take erratic lines through corners—there's nothing quite like the chorus of a peloton. Though it's silent, power monitoring has become another ever-present element of that chorus, and the Stages Cycling Campagnolo Chorus Single leg Power Meter Crank Arm invites any stock Chorus crankset to sing along.
The crank arm is a stock Campy offering: foam core carbon and Italian bearings that are on par with every other major brand's top crankset offerings. Italian engineering aside, the real star here is the little pod clinging to the inside of the crank arm.
Tucked inside that little pod, strain gauges and an accelerometer measure force and rotations to deliver power data to your head unit with a claimed accuracy of +/-2%, which is in-line with other quality power meters on the market. It also incorporates Stage's Active Temperature Compensation (ATC), which compensates for the natural expansion and contraction of the strain gauges by adjusting the readings depending on external temperature. ATC accounts for those temperature changes without requiring you to stop pedaling in order to zero the system. Overall, the power meter adds less than 20g to the crank, which is a tiny tradeoff for the ability to chart limits, plan training regimes, and monitor efforts on race day.
- Campagnolo's venerable Chorus drivetrain joins the power game
- Measures power with an industry-standard +/-2% accuracy
- Active Temperature Compensation accommodates changing conditions
- Internal accelerometer covers cadence with no additional sensors
- Wireless communication keeps use and maintenance simple
- Pairs with Stages Power App for firmware updates and zero resets
- 200+ hour battery life with easily-changeable CR2032 battery
- Stages Cycling brings power data into an affordable price range