Why We Like The SX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
SRAM's SX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur harnesses much of the same technology found on the brand's high-end components at a lower price point, making off-road action that much more affordable for those new to the world of pump tracks and rock gardens. The cage and pulleys are designed with stainless steel, a heavier yet more durable material that supplies confidence no matter how technical the terrain becomes. One-by engineering ensures smooth and reliable shifts, and the SX Eagle is touted by our riders for its quiet personality. To keep the chain on track, SRAM built it with a straight parallelogram design to limit movement about the horizontal access, and the teeth are both taller and squared to engage the chain earlier than traditional triangle-shaped teeth. While we admired the familiar design of the SX Eagle, it was the budget-friendly price that made us fall in love.
- Reliable, quiet performance for efficient gear shifts
- Steel cage and pulley bearings boost off-road durability
- Straight parallelogram design eliminates ghost shifting
- X-SYNC pulley technology offers systematic gear changes
- Lock out function for easy wheel changes