Red eTap Shifter
Wirelessly controlling SRAM eTap front and rear derailleurs via SRAM's AIREA communication protocol, the Red eTap Shifter swiftly shifts through the gears without dealing with pesky cables. Shifting is handled by eTap paddles inspired by race cars, so you'll feel seamlessly connected to your favorite road machine. SRAM's eTap logic with positive feedback helps to prevent any mis-shifts encountered along the way. With this system, the left shifer makes it easier by guiding the chain up the cassette. Conversely, the right shifter makes pedaling harder by dropping the chain down the cassette for the harder gear. Both shifters are used in conjunction to change the front ring, meaning you won't have to worry about accidental mis-shifts at the front derailleur while shifting through the rear cassette.
ReachAdjust gives you an ideal fit to your hand size, meaning you won't feel strained while shifting through your drivetrain. Carbon ErgoFit brake levers shave excess weight while maintaining a comfortable braking platform when you're zipping down canyon roads and scrubbing off excess speed around corners. Each shifter includes a CR2032 coin type battery with a predicted lifetime of two years when riding at 15 hours per week. And to keep tabs on the battery status, there's an LED indicator that communicates battery life with green, red, and flashing red stages indicating when you're due for battery replacement. Furthermore, there's even an accelerometer that puts the shifters to sleep when they're not in use to conserve battery life.
- Wireless shifting with SRAM Red eTap drivetrain
- Works with SRAM's AIREA wireless communication protocol
- Carbon ErgoFit brake levers for confident braking control
- eTap logic: left shifter upshifts, right shifter downshifts
- Both shifters are used in conjunction for front ring shifts
- Powered by CR2032 battery with LED battery life indicator
- Built-in accelerometer conserves battery life when not in use