Red 1 DUB 12-Speed Crankset
Road, gravel, triathlon, and cyclocross riders everywhere can rejoice now that SRAM's all-new Red eTap AXS has hit the shelves, allowing for easy customization to meet any of those rider's needs. One component instrumental in its versatility is the Red 1 DUB 12-Speed Crankset letting riders in flatter terrains, or those favoring a 1x setup, the simplicity, weight reduction, and the ability to run a clean crankset that's compatible with the new group.
The arms are hollow and constructed of carbon fiber for strength, stiffness, and low weight. SRAM uses a proprietary layup that increases the thickness in critical areas while tapered, terraced, carbon architecture reduces weight elsewhere. It also receives the oversized aluminum DUB spindle, that first appeared on its mountain groups and now available for the first time on the road. This standard significantly adds durability to the bottom bracket bearings and broader frame compatibility without sacrificing stiffness.
This version is offered with 40 or 46t laser-etched chainrings that bolt up to a direct mount spider and works very well with the 10-tooth starting cog 12-speed X-range cassette. This allows for a wide gear range with close steps between the cogs. SRAM's patented X-SYNC wide/narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain retention especially now that the new Red AXS eTap rear derailleur sports an Orbit damper system. The tall, square teeth engage the chain earlier than traditionally shaped teeth and better manage the chain and its finish is laser etched for better durability.
Chainrings can be easily swapped for course needs and be upgraded to a power meter if desired. You can also swap to a double chainring setup by installing the direct mount rings to the same crankarms should you decide to go 2x.
- SRAM's new Red AXS crank in a 1x offering
- Single-ring drivetrain simplifies functionality and reduces weight
- 40 or 46t rings mount to the spider for maximum compatibility
- X-SYNC wide/narrow chainring technology provides maximum chain control
- Laser-etched chainring finish is more durable
- DUB BB compatibility adds durability and broader frame compatibility
- 4-bolt design allows for easy chainring swaps
- Can also work with 2x direct mount chainrings or upgraded to a power meter