Item # SRM00C7
SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur $110.00
Symphonic 12-speed shifting.
The SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur harmoniously shifts through all 12 gears of your Eagle drivetrain without noisy chain slap or annoying ghost shifts holding you back on the trail. Borrowing shifting technologies from its pricier XO1 sibling, the GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur is a low-cost alternative that retains SRAM's X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley system, X-Horizon parallelogram design, and Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch. Best of all, it's fully compatible with Eagle XO1 and XX1 drivetrains, giving you an affordable replacement in case of a catastrophic crash.
Instead of its forged aluminum cage and titanium spring found on the XO1, the GX 12-Speed Rear Derailleur employs a traditional aluminum cage with steel spring as a cost-conscious alternative without sacrificing durability, albeit with a minor weight penalty. Expanding on SRAM's signature technologies, the X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley accommodates the larger 10 to 50-tooth cassette found on Eagle. For silent operation, the Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap when you're rallying over punishing trails. Also, it packs SRAM's X-Horizon design, which limits horizontal derailleur movement that contributes to ghost shifting, as well as X-Actuation for precise shifts of your 1x drivetrain.
- Budget-friendly rear derailleur for Eagle drivetrains
- Compatible with all Eagle 1x12 drivetrains: GX, XO1, XX1
- Traditional aluminum cage and steel spring maintain durability
- Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch eliminates noisy bounce and slap
- X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley accommodates larger Eagle cassette
- X-Horizon design limits horizontal movement that causes ghost shifts
- X-Actuation makes for quick, precise shifts of your 1x drivetrain
View more Mountain Rear Derailleurs
Reviews & Community
GX eagle works great!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love this stuff. Pricing is fantastic, so when you inevitably break or bend a derailleur, you won't have to take out a second mortgage on your home to afford a replacement. Shifting feels snappy and crisp, and I have had no ghost shifting or similar issues. Well done SRAM!
Quick, quiet and ground-breaking
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The GX Eagle gear is SO nice! I thought for sure trying to do another gear would result in loose chain tension, noise or at a minimum extra tuning work. None of those happened. This has been GREAT and makes the move to 1x drivetrain so much easier to deal with. Super happy with this purchase!