The SRAM Guide R (B1) Disc Brake features SRAM's new S4 caliper with Bleeding Edge design that updates the fluid and bleed routing for easier brake maintenance, with a bleed adapter plug that seals off the system from air and dust. The new caliper also boasts SRAM's Heat Shield technology, which consists of stainless steel shields that buffer the connection between the pad and caliper body to reduce head transfer to the hydraulic fluid and reduce its temperature by a claimed 20-degrees Celcius under heavy use.
The Guide R brake also utilizes a Timing Port Closure, with its sliding cup seal and port mechanism. This system provides immediate actuation with the DirectLink lever, which also facilitates fantastic one-finger modulation. Moreover, the DirectLink lever features tool-free Reach Adjust for quickly personalizing your set-up.
Note that the Guide R Disc Brake comes in either front/left or rear/right variants, with included lever and caliper configuration. It's compatible with SRAM's Centerline Rotors (sold separately) and uses DOT 5.1 fluid. Additionally, the Guide R is Matchmaker compatible, meaning you can run multiple controls off one lever clamp for a more streamlined set-up.
- 4-piston, dual-diameter S4 caliper with Heat Shied technology
- DirectLink aluminum lever with tool-free Reach Adjust
- SRAM's steel-backed organic brake pad included
- Timing Port Closure with sliding cup seal and port mechanism
- PiggyBack Reservoir uses DOT 5.1 fluid (brakes come pre-bled)
- Includes either front/left or rear/right lever and caliper configuration
- Compatible with SRAM Centerline Rotors (not included)
- Matchmaker compatible
View more Mountain Bike Brakes
Reviews & Community
Do these include the bleeding edge tool and/or additional hose fittings to trim the hose if necessary?
These are solid brakes with great modulation. A great chois!