Force DUB 12-Speed Crankset
SRAM's Force DUB 12-Speed Crankset provides the modern road rider with a wider range while managing closer steps between the gears. This is in part due to its new 12-speed rear cassette and its 10-tooth starting cog which completely and fundamentally changes our previous concepts of road gearing. And while SRAM's front shifting in the past was a step behind the competition, thanks to its closer gap between the rings and powerful front derailleur motors, we can personally attest that the shifting is crisp, fast, and accurate.
The arms are constructed of carbon fiber, helping to provide exceptional strength and stiffness while dropping weight. This crank receives SRAM's oversized aluminum DUB spindle, first seen on its mountain groupsets which adds a significant amount of stiffness and bearing durability while accommodating a broader range of frame fitment.
The most significant change with the crank comes from its new chainrings. It offers smaller chainrings with a consistent 13-tooth gap between size variants for smoother, more dependable shifting. The rings are available in 46/33 and 48/35 tooth options that, opposed to the 16-tooth jumps of compact (50/34) and mid-compact (52/36), or the 14-tooth jump with standard (53/39), offers quicker front shifting with fewer compensating shifts needed in the rear after making a front shift. This is thanks to the wider cassette range offered by the new 12-speed cassettes and that 10-tooth starting cog. SRAM calls it X-Range gearing technology, and we call it amazing. It simply allows for more useful gearing options and a smoother progression that improves cadence and efficiency.
Lastly, the cranks are easily upgradeable to become a powermeter down the road with Quarq's DZero spider as well as the ability to use the crank as a 1x.
- SRAM's Force-level crankset for its AXS 12-speed groups
- X-Range technology gives you more range and smoother gear progressions
- Smaller rings and closer tooth differentials offer more useable gearing
- Stiff rings improve front shifting performance
- Carbon arms drop weight while booting stiffness and strength
- DUB BB compatible spindle adds durability and more frame compatibility
- Power upgradeable down the road with Quarq DZero spider
- Can also be used with 1x rings