Force 22 HRD Shift/Brake Lever & Flat Mount Caliper
With disc brakes barreling towards dominance of even the pavement-covered frontiers, SRAM's Force 22 HRD Shift/Brake Lever & Flat Mount Caliper sets the trend for powerful braking and precise shifting at a more affordable price point than its top-tier Red counterpart. Force 22's functionality rivals that of Red, and swaps out the full carbon levers and titanium hardware for a carbon brake lever, aluminum shift lever, and stainless steel hardware that may tack on a smidgeon of weight but also saves your bank account a bundle.
Force 22 HRD boasts the versatility to manage a rapidly rising flood of disc-equipped road, gravel, cyclocross and all-road machines. While the lever hood aesthetics may not appeal to everyone, we've found the additional height to be surprisingly functional when traversing the less traveled of roads. Navigating steep descents and chattery surfaces are a breeze with that bit of extra leverage and grip, which also nearly eliminates the possibility of your hands getting thrown forward off the hoods after a shocking encounter with a pothole hiding under smooth, loose gravel.
The Force 22 HRD levers incorporate the adjustability and smooth shifting functionality we've come to expect from all of SRAM's higher end offerings. A slight redesign from the original version sees a more comfortable hood-top hand positioning, which is much appreciated on long gravel epics and through particularly tricky 'cross course segments. Adjustable reach accommodates a variety of hand sizes so you can further dial in the comfort, and a low initiation force makes for easy lever actuation and leaves more energy to drop into the pedals.
The post-mount calipers' two-piston design is specifically engineered to handle the rigors of cyclocross, which transfers effortlessly into confident brake performance on the road, gravel, and any other surface you see fit for skinnier-tire adventuring. Featuring stainless steel backed organic pads, these calipers are designed to pair with separately sold 140mm or 160mm Centerline rotors to deftly tackle the fast speed changes and impeccable control demanded by the most technical courses. SRAM Force 22 HRD Shift/Brake Lever & Flat Mount Caliper system is fully sealed to avoid potential contamination in the hydraulic lines, so you can ride confidently with brake consistently through dust, mud, and anything else nature cooks up.
- Crisp shifting and powerful braking for road, 'cross, and gravel
- Lightweight carbon brake lever, aluminum shift lever, and stainless steel hardware
- Durable and light forged aluminum calipers
- Customizable brake and shift lever reach
- Compatible with flat-mount equipped framesets
- Compatible with Red 22, Force 22, and Rival 22 Yaw front derailleurs
- Compatible with Red 22, Force 22, and Rival 22 Exact Actuation rear derailleurs
- Item #SRM007P
- [brake lever] carbon fiber, [shift lever] aluminum, [hardware] stainless steel
- Lever Adjustability
- Reach Adjust
- forged aluminum
- Caliper Adjustability
- adjustable banjo
- Mount Type
- flat mount
- DOT 5.1
- not included
- Rotor Size
- 140 - 160mm
- 1 lever, 1 caliper, 1 brake hose, 1 extra hose piece, 1 derailleur cable, 2 caliper bolts, 1 bleed block
- Claimed Weight
- [left lever, front caliper, 800mm hose, DIR, 160mm rotor and hardware] 15.2oz (431g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years