Force 1 DUB 12-Speed Crankset
For road, tri, crit, TT and cyclocross riders that are wanting to go 1x and use SRAM's AXS eTap components, its Force 1 DUB 12-Speed Crankset is right up your alley. It allows for the simplicity and weight reduction afforded by ditching the extra ring and front derailleur, allowing you to run a super clean crankset that's compatible with its new AXS 12-speed groups.
The arms are constructed of carbon fiber, helping to drop grams while boosting strength and stiffness. It receives SRAM's proprietary oversized aluminum DUB spindle which first appeared on its mountain bike groupsets. This crank spindle/bottom bracket standard adds significant durability to the bearings and increased stiffness while adding broader frame compatibility.
This version is offered with either a 40 or 46t chainring that uses 4 bolts to a direct mount spider. Rings are installed and removed with a single tool making changes in gearing an easy affair. SRAM's patented X-SYNC wide/narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain retention especially in conjunction with the new Orbit damper system in the AXS eTap rear derailleurs. The tall, square teeth engage the chain earlier than traditionally shaped teeth and better manage the chain for maximum stability.
The crank can be easily upgraded to Quarq DZero power meter later down the road if desired and you can also swap to a double chainring setup should you decide to go 2x.
- SRAM's 12-speed Force-level crank in a 1x offering
- Single-ring drivetrain simplifies functionality and reduces weight
- 40 or 46t rings mount to the spider for maximum compatibility
- X-SYNC wide/narrow chainring technology provides maximum chain management
- DUB spindle adds bearing durability, frame compatibility, and stiffness
- 4-bolt design allows for easy chainring swaps
- Crank also works with 2x chainrings and can be upgraded to a power meter