Giara Mid Bib Short
When Sportful decided to dive into the world of gravel riding, the brand new it had to take a different approach than its classic road kids. Gravel is, well, grittier. Crashes are more frequent, consequences are high, poorly graded gravel, loose corners, and the odd 4-wheeler hauling towards you on your descent are all real dangers that you don't see when your tires are glued to the tarmac. For this reason, Sportful built the Giara Mid Bib Short to be tougher than its road options, offer a bit more coverage, and exceptional abrasion resistance to keep you from shedding skin in the event of a crash.
The bibs fall with a longer inseam than your average shorts, with the length arriving closer to the knee, rather than mid thigh, and are built from highly breathable synthetics that are designed to wick away perspiration while you work your way through the Chrusher. The uppers are crafted from lightweight mesh to keep you cool and comfortable, while the lowers utilize a more robust fabric that understands the demands of gravel riding. The shorts are built with lay-flat seams that hold together ergonomic panels that are designed to wrap around your muscles, and backed with a gravel-specific DMS chamois for cushion while you ride. The DMS chamois uses multi-density open-cell foams to provide vibration damping from your most sensitive anatomy, while the open-cell properties aid in quick-drying to keep you cool and comfortable. The pad is both lighterweight and shorter than its road counterparts, as its intended for a more upright cycling stance that we use on dirt and gravel roads.
- Burly bibs built tough enough for the road less traveled
- Abrasion-resistant side panels hold up to scuffs and crashes
- Mesh uppers boost breathability to keep you cool on the climbs
- Longer inseam provides extra protection from abrasion
- Flat-lock stitching reduces irritation and chaffing
- Gravel-specific DMS pad is shorter, lighter, and tuned to off-road
- Laser-cut hem stays in place and provides a clean finish
- Side pocket lets you stash snacks to keep you from bonking