The new Speedplay SYZR Pedal System brings Speedplay’s race-proven technology to mountain bike pedals. The SYZR SS spindle is manufactured in the USA from US-sourced stainless steel for headache-free durability and corrosion-free longevity. In addition to its meticulous construction (which, to be fair, we expect from Speedplay), the SYZR was tested by Ted King, a self-proclaimed lifelong Speedplay devotee, who rode them to victory across 200 miles of competitive gravel racing in Kansas.
The big story with the SYZR is its Direct Drive power transfer. The SYZR transfers power more efficiently than other clipless systems because your power is driven directly through the cleats, not through the soft, rubber lugs on the sole of the shoe. This means that all of your power is transferred to the drivetrain, and that adds up after miles in the saddle.
The SYZR also boasts a micro-adjustable, friction-free float system with a full 10 degrees of adjustability. This gives you a custom pedal feel, catered perfectly to your style and knee-friendly pedal preference. Proprietary ceramic rollers replace the metal-on-metal engagement of other systems for friction-free release and increased durability. Speedplay also designed the SYZR with funnel guides that make entry easier.
Of course, the SYZR is incredibly lightweight. Each SYZR SS weighs just 156 grams, for a complete pedal system that tips the scales at barely over 11 ounces.
- Speedplay takes its race-ready tech to the mtb world
- Direct Drive power transfer through cleats for max power
- Micro-adjustable friction-free float for tons of adjustability
- Ceramic rollers further reduce friction, and increase durability
- Funnel guides make entry and release easier
- Lightweight construction doesn't add bulk to your bike
- US-crafted and sourced materials are sturdy and reliable