This version of the Ultra Light Action pedal comes with spindles made from stainless steel, instead of Titanium or CroMoly steel. These weigh in at 206g, 42g more than the Ti version. It features an advanced hybrid-pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. They blend the legendary ease-of-entry and non-centering free-float of Speedplay's X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay's Zero Pedal System. Named "Ultra Light Action" after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the new Speedplay Ultra Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever offered by Speedplay.
While Speedplay's primary design goal was to create the most user-friendly clipless pedal system ever, Ultra Light Action pedals continue to provide the same cutting-edge performance benefits that have made Speedplay pedals legendary, including:
Please Note: Speedplay recommends these Ultra Light Action Pedals for recreational road use only. The reality is that the spring tension is too light for racing or competitive purposes under hard efforts.
Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States.
- Dual-sided pedal allows instant "no-looking-down" entry. No flipping needed to engage.
- Self-locating cleat guides the entry motion and eliminates fumbling to find the pedal.
- True-locking engagement mechanism provides security and prevents inadvertent release.
- 15 degrees of non-centering free-float reduces stress on the knees.
- Large, stable cleat platform for optimal power transmission and all-day comfort.
- Extremely light weight pedals and cleats improve riding efficiency. Pedals weigh a mere 220 grams per pair.
- Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
- Simple cleat mounting and adjustment makes set-up easy.
- Precision cartridge and needle bearings for reduced friction and longer life.
- Built-in grease-port for fast and easy bearing maintenance.
- Choice of five great pedal color choices: Black, Blue, Pink, and Red.
View more Road Clipless Pedals
Reviews & Community
The Lollipop Guild makes pedals now
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've put a couple thousand miles on these pedals and they perform really well. If you like to dial in your bike fit they are easy to adjust in all directions and the release mechanism is really smooth. I will say they are not very walkable. All cleats are hard to walk in but these are especially so. Cafe stops are like tap-dancing on soup cans.
question - what's the difference between the Light Action and the standard Speedplay Pedal. I'm looking at updating my pedals and am currently on my second set of CroMo's... they have served me well and I can't see switching to an SPD model
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Been riding Looks (delta cleats) for 17 years and just tried for something different and to get away from some annoying cleat squeek. Awesome! Feel a noticeably tighter connection and larger cleat interface. It almost seemed to be worth a gear or two climbing in the Rockies. The float is truly float. I read it was "like stepping on an ice rink at first" and indeed it was. That sensation goes away after a mile or two and it's just awesome after that. The release is definitely as easy as can be - stay away from the Light Action if you like to power for town line sprints. Great for beginners, smooth peddlers and anyone who doesn't want to worry about getting in and out. Bonus that replacing the cleat replaces the springs and the pedals have no moving parts.
All in all, I'll ride Speedplays on my road bike till I'm six feet under!