Why We Like The S-Works Prevail II Vent + ANGi MIPS Helmet
We've long considered the Specialized Prevail to be one of the best all-around road helmets on the market, so when we finally got our hands on the lighter and more breathable S-Works Prevail II Vent, we knew we had a winner. By removing a total of seven foam bridges from the center and sides of the helmet, the Prevail II Vent is able to move fresh air across the rider's head 18% faster than the previous model. This is a welcome feature for climbers, sprinters, those of us living in warm climates, and those of us who run hot no matter the ride.
While the Prevail II Vent is lightweight and highly-ventilated, but it also ranks among at the top of its class for protective features. It touts a 5-star rating from the Virginia Tech Helmet Rating Institute, a rare feature among cycling helmets. This is attributable to the advanced MIPS SL protection system that offers the same level of protection as other MIPS systems at a fraction of the weight, as well as the ANGi crash sensor that's capable of alerting your emergency contacts if you take a crash and need immediate medical assistance.
- Stay cool & protected with this lightweight, breathable road helmet
- Moves air across your head 18% faster than the original Prevail II
- Carbon-aramid shell is seriously light and strong
- ANGi crash sensor alerts loved ones and EMS if there's a problem
- MIPS SL offers advanced protection at a fraction of the weight
- 5-star Virgina Tech Rating is among the best in the industry
- Tri-Fix web splitter improves comfort and ease of adjustment
- Energy-optimize EPS foam helps to effectively manage impact energy