Futuristic protection, today.
As the name implies, the Six Six One Evo AM Helmet is a next generation trail helmet with all the features you could ask for. Sure, at a glance its form is reminiscent of the modern generation of lids aimed at more aggressive riders, but as they say, the devil’s in the details. And in the Evo AM’s case, those details add up to one very refined way to protect your brain.
The modern-looking shell is built from Contigo foam, which was chosen for its energy-absorbing properties. Specifically, it’s claimed to absorb as much as 30% more energy from an impact than the EPS foams used in almost every other certified bicycle helmet. While that may be the most important detail, more subtle refinements, such as the two-position adjustable visor and the user-friendly Boa retention system mean that you don’t have to forgo modern features in the pursuit of protection. And it’s topped off with a Fidlock magnetic buckle that takes pretty much all the effort out of strapping on your lid, despite the fact that it’s completely secure.
The Six Six One Evo AM Helmet is available in three sizes, from XS/S to XL/XXL, and in the color Black/grey.
- Conitgo EPS foam liner
- Two-position adjustable visor
- 15 high-flow vents
- Antimicrobial, adjustable padding
- Boa 360-degree retention system
- Fidlock magnetic buckle
View more Mountain Helmets
|US Shoe Size||6-8||8-10||10-12|
|Open-Face Helmets/Hats (Recon)|
|Full-Face Helmets (Evo,Evo Carbon)|
|Elbow Pads (Rage, Riot, Rhythm, Comp, DJ)|
|Knee Pads (Evo, Rage, Rampage, Riot, Rhythm, Comp, DJ)|
|Body Armor (Pressure Suits, Core Saver, Air Vest)|
(73.7 - 81.3cm)
(88.9 - 101.6cm)
(104.1 - 116.8cm)
(121.9 - 127.0cm)
(58.4 - 68.6cm)
(68.6 - 78.7cm)
(78.7 - 88.9cm)
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your thigh above your knee.
- Measure around the fullest part of your calf.
- Measure around the fullest part of your bicep above your elbow.
- Measure around the fullest part of your forearm below your elbow.
- Head Circumference:
- Measure around your head where your hat would fit comfortably.
- Measure around your hand at the widest point excluding the thumb.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
As far as helmets go. this one is pretty amazing. The fit was exceptional and the way the straps attach to the helmet itself, rather than wrapping over the top of the head like traditional helmets is pretty great! Plus the magnetic claps is fantastic.
However, there are two things about this helmet that prevent it from getting five stars.
1) The BOA adjustment on the back is pretty low. It would foul my neck when going down drops and whatnot. I wish there was a way to adjust the height of it.
2) The visor is kinda high and not adjustable. It's kinda not quite right for goggles, and yet can't be lowered for riding into sunlight.
That said, I would still buy this helmet again. It's extremely comfortable and it totally did it's job when I suffered a pretty high-speed crash. I landed on my forehead and suffered no ill effects. The shell ruptured, just as it was supposed to do, protecting my grey matter.
GOOD, NOT GREAT
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Overall, this is a good fitting and good looking helmet with some great features, but one fit issue that might be a dealbreaker for me. On the plus side, you have memory foam padding, BOA adjustment, and a slick magnetic clasp. On the minus side, the BOA system sits low in back and pushes the whole helmet up if you look uphill, and you can't move the system upward to compensate for this. The magnetic clasp is cool, but since it doesn't have that familiar feel like a quick release buckle, it actually takes a second longer for me to connect than my old helmet. And the visor is not adjustable. I think I will end up returning this helmet and going with a Smith Forefront, despite the extra cash.