Nastro Piloti Bar Tape
When Silca comes to market with a new product, it goes all in with the research and development. It's latest item, Nastro Piloti Bar Tape, uses technology utilized in running shoe foam and F1 tires creating significant improvements over traditional bar tape. Nastro Piloti uses a laminate of SILCAthane, SILCAlon, and 3M Visco-elastic adhesive instead of a traditional single foam extrusion, allowing for optimization of the tape across a range of desired features.
As a result, the tape is softer, more comfortable, has better wet and dry grip, better vibration damping, and up to 3 to 5-times the durability of existing tape materials. The wrap and finishing of the tape weren't overlooked either and Silca developed a full adhesive backed ‘butterfly’ design to better cover the back of the lever clamp area without adding bulk, a high grip finishing tape, and expanding aluminum and composite bar end plugs ensure a pro-level tape job.
- Silca's 1.85mm thick Tri-Laminate tape delivering similar cushioning to 2.5mm tape
- Racecar inspired Dual-Tread deboss provides High or Max Grip depending on wrap
- Aluminum expanding bar-end plugs are a nice touch
- PU finishing tape offers a pro-level finish
- Butterfly shaped brake clamp covers without the bulk
- Item #SLCD015
- SILCAthane, SILCAlon, 3M Visco-elastic adhesive
- Recommended Use
- road, cyclocross, gravel
- Manufacturer Warranty
3.5 based on 7 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.