Considering the abuse that we typically heap on our mountain bike shoes, bedazzling them with carbon widgets and the flashy trappings of shoes typically seen on the weekend, Lycra-clad coffee shop circuits seems a bit excessive. By distilling Sidi's myriad mountain bike shoe technologies down to their purist, most effectively simple form, the Buvel Shoe indicates that the Italian manufacturer agrees.
The Buvels incorporate three key features to produce a functional, durable ride: the Competition Sole, a reinforced heel cup, and the classic Sidi ratcheting buckle. The sole is made from nylon, which dampens trail chatter while ensuring efficient power transfer. The forefoot also provides some targeted flex for more comfortable walking and run-ups. There are also two optional toe spike attachment points to provide additional traction when sloppy turns sloppier. The heel cup and ratcheting buckle make for a secure fit system, and the hook-and-loop straps and stretch-resistant synthetic uppers keep the fit dialed where you want it.
- Tough-wearing trail shoes maximize comfort and efficiency
- Competition nylon sole transfers power to the pedals
- Aggressive tread pattern for sure-footed grip
- Durable synthetic upper with breathable perforations
- Caliper buckle system for micro-adjustable fit
- Sidi fuses Italian quality with riding comfort