Why We Like the XT RD-M8100 Rear Derailleur
Tucked away and quiet as a mouse, the XT RD-M8100 Rear Derailleur is Shimano's all-new addition to the XT M8100 series. Decreased tension in the low gear position and an added bumper on the pulley cage improves the silent features of this derailleur. Shimano's Shadow RD+ tucks the derailleur out of harm's way with a low-profile design. A bigger 13t pulley increases efficiency and chain management, and the fast and precise shifting performance offered is optimized to tackle any trail be it smooth rollers or bumpy singletrack.
- XT rear derailleur designed for Shimano 1 x 12 drivetrains
- Larger 13t pulley improves efficiency and chain management
- Tension decreased at a low gear to keep smooth and quiet
- New bumper on pulley cage silences things further
- Shadow RD+ with stabilizer switch reduces chain slap and drop
- Fast and performance shifting optimized for trail riding