Shimano has given its original mountain drivetrain a well-deserved upgrade, and we appreciate the way the brand continuously spreads the wealth throughout its offerings. Its savvy engineers also showed that they're ready to embrace Boost 148 rear axle spacing, aptly observing the benefits of the new standard and choosing to now offer the XT FC-M8000-B1 Boost 1x Crank Arms with a 3mm offset chainline for XT acolytes invested in the Boost revolution.
With reliable, lightweight aluminum construction, the XT M8000 Boost Crank Arms boast many of the same features seen in their pricier, lighter XTR counterpart. These include weight-shaving Hollowtech II cold-forged construction and a new one-by, 11-speed platform, giving those of us who haven't achieved sponsorship a way of upgrading without emptying our wallets. The XT Crank Arms also borrow Shimano's innovative Dynamic Chain Engagement (DCE) tooth profile from XTR, which features tall, stainless steel teeth that curve slightly at the ends for better chain retention.
- Crank arms for efficient power transfer on varied terrain
- Cold-forged aluminum construction provides lightweight strength
- Hollowtech II construction reduces weight and maintains rigidity
- 11-speed compatibility improves gear-range possibilities
- Asymmetrical design enhances strength strategically
- Compatible with 3d Composite Chainrings (sold separately)