Why We Like The Shimano XC902 S-PHYRE Cycling Shoe
If you glance at the starting line cyclocross or cross-country race, you'll most likely notice the Shimano XC902 Cycling Shoes on the riders' feet, and for good reason, too. When we get a pair of these shoes in our hands, or better yet, on our feet, we experience that world-class fit, low weight, and efficiency that the pros count on to earn a paycheck. Shimano constructs the XC902 with a one-piece, reinforced synthetic upper with numerous perforations allow the feet to breathe. Dialing in the fit comes courtesy of the dual Boa Li2 dials, offering independent and micro-adjustable tension across the top of the foot.
On the rear of the shoe, Shimano uses an external cup that covers the carbon sole and the back of the heel. This design supports the heel, preventing twisting and rolling, stabilizing it for more efficiency. A gripping fabric inside the shoe further bolsters the foothold, providing a solid foundation for dishing out the big watts at the race start and on the pedaling upstroke while maintaining traction on a slippery surface.
- Ultimate shoe for off-road power transmission and light efficiency
- Dual Boa micro-adjusters with instant release spools for ease of use
- One-piece surround upper, narrow bottom, and rounded heel
- Asymmetric eyestay pattern prevents foot twisting when pedaling hard
- Optimal 18mm climbing spikes for cyclocross and wet conditions
- Carbon fiber composite midsole maximizes power transfer
- Michelin outsole minimizes weight and enhances traction
- Item #SHIU1E3
- Upper Material
- mesh, microfiber synthetic leather
- Dual Boa Li2 dials, Powerzone laces
- carbon fiber composite
- ULTREAD XC rubber
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 42] 10.5oz (296g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- cyclocross, cross-country
2.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.