Traditional road shoes have their place on training rides and long tarmac epics, but adventurous commuters and touring enthusiasts are usually left searching in vain for something more fitting of their ride objectives. The Shimano Women's SH-RT5 Cycling Shoes blend much-needed walkability, efficient power transfer, and comfort into an understated throwback aesthetic that turns heads at the coffee shop for all the right reasons.
Shimano fashions the RT5's upper from synthetic leather and adds three hook-and-loop straps for an easily adjustable, customizable fit. Perforations add texture to the styling while increasing ventilation on rides in warm weather. Underfoot, a glass fiber-reinforced shank stiffens the sole for effective power transfer while a full-length rubber outsole provides sure-footed grip when you dismount from your touring rig or commuter. As a final touch, reflective hits across the shoe provide 360-degree visibility as you finish evening errands around town or ride through the countryside to a dazzling sunset.
- Stylish and functional shoe for commutes and road rides
- Glass-fiber/nylon sole blends stiffness with comfort
- Rubber outsole provides traction and walkability
- Durable synthetic upper wraps feet in soft comfort
- Three hook-and-loop straps provide a secure fit
- Compatible with 2-bolt mountain bike cleats