Looks, performance, price.
If you are looking for your first pair of clipless road shoes—or an upgrade from you existing ones—the Shimano Women's SH-RP5 Cycling Shoes are certainty worth a look. Shimano constructs the SH-RP5s with some features that are a step above entry-level models so they can progress with you, but it does so at a price point that doesn't induce sticker shock. The shoes accommodate all 3-bolt road cleats, so if you're going road clipless for the first time, make sure you look for this in the pedals.
A synthetic leather one-piece upper is constructed on a women-specific last that maps narrower feet allowing for a secure fit. The lower hook-and-loop strap pairs with a Boa dial, providing micro adjustments typically reserved for pricier models. The light carbon fiber reinforced nylon sole offers excellent pedaling efficiency and scores an 8 out of 12 on Shimano's stiffness index. This translate to responsive power transfer for climbing and sprinting, yet it stays comfortable enough for all-day spins.
- A stylishly functional shoe for endurance riding
- Carbon-reinforced nylon sole balances comfort and stiffness
- Durable, wide heel pads provide grippy walkability
- Soft, comfortable, and durable synthetic one-piece upper
- One hook-and-loop strap and Boa dial in the fit