Why We Like The SH-RC9 S-Phyre Cycling Shoe
With a more performance-first aesthetic, Shimano upgrades the women's specific SH-RC9 S-Phyre Cycling Shoe for the modern peloton and local race-rides. Shimano uses a 360-degree fitting that integrates the midsole and upper material to envelop your foot for a secure hold comfortably. Upgraded dual Boa Li2 dials and PowerZone wiring guide cinch down for the optimum tension and offer a more performance-oriented and cleaner aesthetic. The Boa's precision cable tension is key to unwinding from an epic five-hour climbing session or torquing down for a finish sprint in the criterium.
Shimano elevates the carbon era with a supremely rigid sole that tests at a stiffness of twelve, meaning you'll never doubt whether your efforts are going into the pedals. This level of control and performance is what we've come to expect from Shimano's top-tier road shoes, and what keeps us dedicated to their component line as well.
A unique trait for the RC9 is the incorporation of the Anti-twist heel stabilizer that holds the foot in place while performing high-cadence accelerations. Heel control is not an overly focused target of improvement, as modern-day training plans and single-ring gear ratios push normalized cadences higher and higher.
- Pro-level carbon road shoe for all-day comfort and performance
- Stiff sole efficiently channels casual miles and intervals sessions alike
- 360-degree concept integrates midsole to upper for complete stability
- Boa dials fine-tune the fitting for the cafe or the sprint win
- Breathable mesh upper feels light and cooling under summer sun
- Heel retention system keeps the foot stable during high cadence