SH-MW701 Cycling Shoe
While most of your riding group starts complaining about the encroaching winter sometime around the end of October, you don't let cold temps and challenging precipitation get in the way of your riding, regardless of whether your vehicle of choice is a fat bike or an enduro rig. Late fall is mild by your standards, and when the snow, ice, and freezing rain arrive for good, you reach for something like the Shimano men's SH-MW7 Mountain Bike Shoes to protect your feet while you ride.
Shimano starts by shaping the uppers with synthetic leather then adding an inner Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort Liner to block out snow and rain. A high-cut cover and fleece-lined insole work with the liner to keep your feet warm, and you're able to achieve a slim, contoured fit with the SH-MW7's speed-lacing closure.
The Torbal mid-sole and a multi-density rubber outsole combine to earn a five on Shimano's stiffness index, equipping the shoes for high-speed, flowy descents by allowing the soles to flex sideways in the back while remaining stiff in the front, anticipating lateral movement and body english while barreling around slick corners.
- A tough, insulated MTB shoe for riders with no off-season
- Durable synthetic leather uppers withstand winter abuse
- Gore-Tex insulated liner is waterproof, warm, and comfortable
- High-cut ankle cuff adds protection from water, mud, and snow
- Fleece lined insole delivers warmth and comfort in cold temps
- Speed laces with strap provide adjustable tension across the foot
- TORBAL midsole provides just the right flex while descending
- Rubber outsole delivers grip for slick hike-a-bike sections